Changing Lives Martial Arts is developing life skills that help kids in school, home, socially and so MUCH More in Hampton Roads, VA.
2 Weeks FREE
CDC Compliant Classes!
Chief Master Instructor T. L. Thomas
8th Degree Black belt – ATA Chief Master
Changing Lives ATA Martial Arts founder, Chief Master Thomas opened the first Changing Lives Academy of Martial Arts in Virginia Beach, Virginia in 1991 after four years in the military. As a 8th Degree Black Belt and Chief Master in the ATA, Chief Master Thomas has locations throughout Hampton Roads. Working hard to Change Lives and bring the ATA awareness with members within our community he has become a City Wide “Partners In Education” with the public school system.
- Chief Master Thomas was born in Cudahy, Wisconsin.
- He began training in the ATA at age 13 in Racine, Wisconsin.
- Opened his first school at age 17.
- In 1985 he moved to Valdosta, Georgia and took the position of a Chief Instructor of a Martial Arts School and fitness center.
- In 1987 he joined the United States Navy and served most of his military career overseas.
- He opened his first ATA martial arts academy in Virginia Beach in 1991 beginning his lifelong passion to teach Taekwondo, Karate and other Martial Arts in Virginia Beach and Chesapeake, Virginia.
- On September 11th, 2001 Chief Master Thomas was certified by Krav Maga World Wide as an Instructor. Krav Maga is an Israeli fighting system.
- In June of, 2003, after meeting all of the requirements and certifications, the ATA dubbed T. L. Thomas an ATA Master of the American Taekwondo Association.
- Chief Master Thomas was dubbed and ATA Chief Master in 2016, one year after obtaining his 8th Degree Black Belt.
- Changing Lives Martial Arts is a training facility for martial arts of all ages.
- Global Certification for training the trainer in Martial Arts
- President/CEO CL Research & Development
- Business Consultant Coach and Marketing Strategist
- National Master Instructor for ATA Instructor Certification Camps
- Seminar Speaker since 1991
- Developed the Professional Instructor Course Curriculum on Martial Arts-Business-Operations systems
Meet Our Instructors
Why Choose Changing Lives Martial Arts?
For our kid students: Most parents who choose an activity aren’t even aware that most kids activities can damage kids self-esteem, are taught by part-time people or parent volunteers, and don’t really teach anything beyond physical activity. We always offer a full-time professional staff, classes 6 days a week, and a curriculum that is based on making the individual succeed all while learning life skills like respect, discipline and communication.
For our adult students: Adults have a wide variety of goals when they start here. Some want to lose weight, some want to get in incredible shape, some want to learn self-defense and others want all of it! The instructors at Changing Lives Martial Arts work with you individually so that each of these goals can be met. The requirements for instructor certification are 10 times more stringent than what a personal trainer at the gym has to endure so our staff can get you where you want to go!
It’s Easy and FREE To Get Started!
If you are like most people, considering a martial arts program is a completely new idea. Sure, you may have seen a lot of Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee movies, but to actually DO IT? That’s why offer free information on getting started and you can even get a starting package of classes for free right here on the website just fill out the form on this page! You’re going to discover it’s a safe and fun environment that will build confidence, develop discipline, get you (or your kid) fit and safe however, frankly you need to do it to find out!
Our Martial Arts Team Takes Great Pride In The Reviews We Receive
See What Our Community Members Say About Our Programs
Changing Lives Martial Arts Shopping Cart
For all of our surrounding community members in and around Hampton Roads, VA our Martial Arts academy offers a couple online website specials for first-time visitors. These special offers are only seen here and are only valid for first time website visitors.
Online & In Person
2 WEEKS OF CLASSES FOR FREE
*These are available only on our website. Not good with any other offers.